My Swing Trading Approach
I’m concerned about the weakness coming into today, and may curb my long exposure while adding some short exposure.
VIX – Flirting with sub-10 again. Right on the verge of doing so.
T2108 (% of stocks trading below their 40-day moving average) – Improved quite a bit, but still, with the indices trading at or just below all-time highs, T2108 shows only half of stocks are participating in the rally.
Moving averages (SPX): With all the MA’s captured, follow the 5-day MA for any changes in the current direction of the market.
Industries to Watch Today
Financials and Energy have become entirely unreliable of late. Tech seems to be the best of late as well as Biotech.
RELATED: Stocks to Watch: OSUR RY WTW
My Market Sentiment
North Korea continues to cause problems for traders here. Overnight surprises requires traders to be nimble and light.
S&P 500 Technical Analysis
Current Stock Trading Portfolio Balance:
- 5 long positions
Recent Stock Trade Notables:
- Netflix (NFLX): Long at $168.69, closed at $173.06 for a 3% profit.
- PSQ: Long at $39.28, sold at $38.34 for a 2.3% loss.
- SPXU: Long at $14.68, closed at $15.42 for a 5.0% profit.
- Tesla (TSLA): Long at 365.09, closed at 356.15 for a 2.4% loss.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): Long at 113.58, sold at $114.74 for a 1% profit.
- First Solar (FSLR): Long at $48.07, sold at $49.10 for a 2.1% profit.
- Facebook (FB): Short at $168.31, covered at $170.62 for a 1.3% loss.
- SDS: Long at $49.81, closed at $48.88 for a 1.8% loss.
- SPXU: Long at $14.51, closed at $15.25 for a 5.1% profit.
- Zayo Group (ZAYO): Long at 32.91, closed at 33.83 for a 2.8% profit.
- JP Morgan Chase (JPM): Long at $94.91, closed at $93.83 for a 1.1% loss.
- Bank of America (BAC): Long at $24.48, closed at $25.01 for a 2.2% profit.
- Alibaba Group (BABA): Long at $151.69, closed at $153.43 for a 1.2% profit.
- Salesforce (CRM): Long at $90.86, closed at $89.43 for a 1.5% loss.
- Autodesk (ADSK): Long at $106.45, closed at $111.34 for a 4.6% profit.
- Bank of America (BAC): Long at $23.99, closed at $24.23 for a 1% profit.
- IBB: Long at $313.18, closed at $324.25 for a 3.5% profit.
- SPXU: Long at $14.82, closed at $14.58 for a 1.6% loss.
- Alibaba Group (BABA): Long at $143.65, closed at $150.40 for a 4.7% profit.
- American Airlines (AAL): Long at $49.26, closed at $51.84 for a 5.2% profit
- Intel (INTC) Short at $35.21, covered at $34.46 for a 2.1% profit.
- Nvdia (NVDA): Long at $155.57, closed at $157.53 for a 1.3% profit.
- IBB: Long at $298.24, closed at $303.74 for a 1.8% profit.
- SPXU: Long at $15.68, closed at $15.25 for a 2.7% loss.
- Whirlpool (WHR): Long at $190.46, closed at $195.19 for a 2.5% profit.
- Ferrari (RACE): Long at $84.60, closed at $89.93 for a 6.3% profit.
- Amazon (AMZN): Long at $964.70, closed at $1001.23 for a 3.8% profit.
- American Airlines (AAL): Long at $49.18, closed at $50.62 for a 2.9% profit
- Alibaba Group (BABA): Long at $124.95, closed at $137.51 for a 10.1% profit.
- Starbucks (SBUX): Long at $61.78, closed at $63.68 for a 3.1% profit.
- Western Digital (WDC): Long at $91.24, closed at $89.29 for a 2.1% loss.
- Broadcom (AVGO): Long at $236.65, closed at $241.15 for a 2% profit.
- SPXU: Long at 16.60, closed at $16.98 for a 2.3% profit.
- JP Morgan Chase (JPM): Long at $87.84, closed at $85.98 for a 2.1% loss.
- Micron Technology (MU): Long at $29.00, closed at $28.04 for a 3.3% loss.
- Alibaba Group (BABA): Long at $116.25, closed at $124.09 for a 6.7% profit.
- Southwest Airlines (LUV): Long at $58.35, closed at 57.23 for a 1.9% loss.
- Broadcom (AVGO): Long at $223.63, closed at $228.65 for a 2.2% profit.
- Workday (WDAY): Long at 86.00, closed at 90.32 for a 5% profit.
- Univar (UNVR): Long at $30.96, closed at $32.20 for a 4% profit.
- Alibaba Group (BABA): Long at $111.91, closed at $115.48 for a 3.2% profit.
- Redhat (RHT): Long at $85.21, closed at $87.21 foor a 2.4% profit.
- Darling Ingredients (DAR): Long at $15.19, closed at $14.90 for a 1.9% loss.
- Apple (AAPL): Long at $143.82, closed at $147.11 for a 2.3% profit.
- Teradyne (TER): Long at $31.16, closed at $33.03 for a 6.0% profit.
- UPRO: Long at $92.75, closed at $94.78 for a 2.2% profit.