Current Long Positions (stop-losses in parentheses):
Current Short Positions (stop-losses in parentheses): SPY (113.30), DGX (50.09), FCN (36.75)
BIAS: 45% Short
Economic Reports Due Out (Times are EST): ICSC-Goldman Store Sales (7:45am), Housing Starts (8:30am), Producer Price Index (8:30am), Redbook (8:55am), Industrial Production (9:15am)
My Observations and What to Expect:
- Futures up moderately indicating a bounce may be in the cards today.
- PPI, Housing Starts, and Industrial Production will add some drama to the markets prior to the open.
- I expect futures to be markedly different, one way or the other when all the reports come out this morning.
- First test for the bulls is whether they can reclaim the 50-day moving average on the S&P. Last three days, the bears have stopped them from doing so.
- For the bears, expect a test at 1056 support level on the S&P.
- A bounce today wouldn’t be overly surprising .
Actions I Will Be Taking:
- Opening gap appears fade-able at this point, but the abundance of news reports coming out could easily change that.
- Depending on whether we get a sizable bounce or not, will determine whether I add any new short positions to the portfolio.
- Scalp where the opportunities exist using index ETF’s.
- Don’t see myself adding more than two new positions to the portfolio today.
- Added FCN yesterday at $34.46.
- Stop-Losses remain as it.
- TICC remains the lone long position in the portfolio.
- SPY currently my largest position in the portfolio by far.