Current Long Positions (stop-losses in parentheses):
Current Short Positions (stop-losses in parentheses): SPY (113.30), DELL (13.26), URBN (36.60), SNX (27.03)
BIAS: 42% Short
Economic Reports Due Out (Times are EST): Housing Market Index (10am)
My Observations and What to Expect:
- Futures are up moderately so far this morning.
- 1130-1131 level on the S&P will, once again, be the main focal point for the bulls and bears.
- S&P prime to open up right near the resistance level.
- Nasdaq looking to make it 13 out of the last 14 days of advances.
- Going long at this juncture is a high-risk trade, reward is considered minimal.
- Bears could do themselves a favor by pushing the market below 1113.
- 3 out of the last 4 market sessions have ended in doji candles, indicating market indecision at current price levels.
- Week following September Options Expiration is historically bearish.
Actions I Will Be Taking:
- Only way I add any additional shorts to the portfolio, is if we see a substantial breakdown in the markets today.
- If we do close above 1131, I will close out all of my short positions, but will not go long. Will sit in cash.
- Gap, as it currently stands, seems likely to be faded.