So far 2013 has been anything but bearish.
The bulls have done nothing but push this market higher and higher. The fact that we started the year at 1426 and now we are more than 200 points higher on the S&P 500 so far is mind boggling.
Despite the new milestones the market has reached this year, let's look at what the market has NOT done so far in 2013
1. The S&P 500 has not seen a pullback in excess of 4.0% (the biggest pullback so far has been -3.8%).
2. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has yet to see three consecutive days of selling.
3. Five months in, and the Dow, S&P and Nasdaq have yet to see one month of negative returns.
4. No more than 3 Tuesdays this year have ended in negative territory.
5. Short-term Stochastics Indicator has yet to dip below "20" in 2013 on the S&P 500.