The Fed Up Rally Takes Price Back to Almost All-Time Highs
Of couse I am using a play on words as this Fed Up Trump Rally is hated and despised by most and defies the logic of investing in general. I mean, c'mon it has been since last October - almost a half of a year, since we last had a sell-off in excess of 1%. In my trading life time, I've never seen such a thing. Quite amazing really.
Do I think we'll go this whole year without such a pullback? No. There will be a pullback and there will be a point at which this rally is completely called into question and doubted by the media and masses as a whole.
But for now, the play is to continue trading this Fed Up Trump Rally. Short plays are likely to lose you money (thought not on my recent American Airlines (AAL) trade), and the long positions are likely to be more forgiving than what you expect them to be. However, We are only working with knowledge and understanding up to the moment. At any point everything can change and that is when you'll want to find yourself managing risk all along. It always happens and will happen again. Just always be one step ahead of the crowd.
S&P 500 Chart
Current Stock Trading Portfolio Balance:
- 5 long positions
Recent Stock Trade Notables:
- American Airlines (AAL): Short at 44.76, Closed at 44.03 for a 1.6% profit.
- UPRO (Day-Tade): Long at 95.35, closed at 96.50 for a 1.2% profit.
- OZRK: Long at $56.12, closed at $54.69 for a 2.5% loss.
- FNSR: Long at $34.25, closed at 34.70 for a 1.3% profit.
- UPRO (Day-Tade): Long at 96.92, closed at 98.03 for a 1.2% profit.
- JP Morgan Chase (JPM): Long at 87.21, closed at 89.67 for a 2.8% profit.
- Chevron (CVX): Short at 110.03, covered at 111.85 for a 1.6% loss.
- Flex Technologies (FLEX): Long at $15.62, closed at $16.57 for a 6.1% profit.
- Baidu (BIDU): Long at $174.70, closed at $187.00 for a 7.0% profit.
- Ollie's Bargain Outlet: Long at 33.20, closed at $32.50 for a 2.1% loss.
- Corning (GLW): Long at $26.98, closed at $27.45 for a 1.7% profit.
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW): Long at $127.74, closed at $129.86 for a 1.7% profit.
- Marriott Int'l (MAR): Long at $86.16, closed at $87.51 for a 1.6% profit.